Open Preview See a Problem? Devereux Barker Iii.
- America’s Cup challenger to race on Derwent.
- Environmental Management System ISO 14001: 2004: Handbook of Transition with CD-ROM.
- Dark Coup (The Dark Grid Series Book 3)!
- Chance Encounter - Sex, Lies and Betrayal;
- The Cruising Club of America.
- Don’t Lean out of the Window! A European Misadventure!
Details if other :. Thanks for telling us about the problem. Return to Book Page. Gretel II Disqualified by B.
The United States bid to regain the America's Cup...
Devereux Barker Iii ,. John N. Fiske Jr.
Gary Jobson Foreword. The book offers a riveting account of the collision, the decision to disqualify the winner and its dramatic announcement.
Most Popular Articles
The literature on a much discussed and debated event is now complete. Get A Copy. Kindle Edition , 56 pages. More Details Other Editions 1. Friend Reviews.
America's Cup - Revelations from the Race Committee Chairman
To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up. To ask other readers questions about Gretel II Disqualified , please sign up. Be the first to ask a question about Gretel II Disqualified.
- Community Connect to Harvard;
- B. Devereux Barker III;
- The Only Ones.
- More Flirting Games (The Flirting Games Series Book 2)!
- Black, White, and Southern: Race Relations and Southern Culture, 1940 to the Present!
- Spirit- Mind-Body and the Will to Existence;
- Devil Child!
Lists with This Book. Intrepid won the third race but Gretel II recorded a win in the fourth race by a margin of 1 minute 2 seconds.
America’s Cup challenger to race on Derwent
Intrepid then took out the fifth race to win the America's Cup 4—1. Many observers, such as America's Cup winning skipper Ted Turner , believed that Gretel II was a faster boat than Intrepid but that the tactical cunning of Bill Ficker and Steve Van Dyke and the performance of the American crew were the deciding factors in the Americans' victory. Her wooden decking was replaced with aluminium for the new campaign.
Ingate had a veteran crew which earned them the nickname 'Dad's Navy'. The yacht was eliminated by their Swedish rival Sverige during the challenger selection trials.
The new Alan Bond yacht Australia won the right to challenge but lost to the Americans. Decades later, after falling into disrepair, Gretel II was restored by a group of yachting enthusiasts in She is currently in a private marina at Pyrmont, Sydney, Australia. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Simpson - Arcadia Publishing, - pg